Since 1998, every year on October 22 we celebrate ISAD. Isn’t this an excellent joint project between ISA, IFA and ELSA? Haven’t we already accomplished a lot together?
The self-help groups and the national associations become very active and creative when International Stuttering Awareness Day approaches. The Stuttering Homepage has been the home of ISAD online conferences on stuttering until 2012. The International Stuttering Association has been running the online conference since 2013.
There is big media coverage in many countries. People who stutter from self-help groups as well as professionals are interviewed for TV and newspapers. Excellent projects, interesting discussions and parties occur around the World around October 22. It is so gratifying to see how the national associations use this Day for working and celebrating.
A team of dedicated people including Anita Blom, Dan Hudock, Bruce Imhoff and Keith Boss work to deliver a high quality conference each year, since 2013. This has built on the hard work on previous conferences by Judy Kuster, Michael Sugarman, Amy Johnson and many, many others. International Stuttering Awareness Day is an excellent model for further future cooperation of the stuttering community together with the professionals.
- ISAD 2014 – We speak with one voice! October 1, 2014 Link to ISAD 2014 here
- ISAD 2013 – People Who Stutter Supporting Each Other October 1, 2013 Link to ISAD 2013 here
- ISAD 2012 – A Voice and Something to Say October 1, 2012 Link to ISAD here!
- ISAD 2011 – Sharing Stories, Changing Perceptions October 1, 2011 Link to ISAD archive here
- ISAD 2010 – People who stutter INSPIRE! October 1, 2010 Link to ISAD archive here Show made by Michael Sugarman and his daughter Rebekah for the 13th Online conference hosted from 1-22 October 2010. The THIRTEENTH International Stuttering Awareness Day online conference, ‘People Who Stutter: INSPIRE!’ hosted by Judith Kuster, Emeritus Professor, Minnesota State University, Mankato opens October 1, 2010, and can be found on the top ...
- ISAD 2009 – More than a tangled tongue October 1, 2009 Link to the ISAD archive here International Stuttering Awareness Day Oct. 22nd 2009 Stuttering: More than a tangled tongue People who stutter represent a diverse group of individuals with different occupations, diverse cultural identities, personal experiences and accomplishments. Although over 60 million people stutter, most people actually know very little about stuttering. This lack of awareness is how ...
- ISAD 2008 – Don’t be afraid of stuttering October 1, 2008 Link to the ISAD archive here ISAD 2008 in Brazil
- ISAD 2007 – Stuttering Awareness – Global Community, Local Activity October 1, 2007 Link to the ISAD archive here
- ISAD 2006 – Don’t talk ABOUT us, talk WITH us October 1, 2006 Link to the ISAD archive here
- ISAD 2005 – Community vision for global action October 1, 2005 Link to the ISAD archive here
- ISAD 2004 – International Year of the Child Who Stutters October 1, 2004 Link to the ISAD archive here ISAD 2004 around the world
- ISAD 2003 – Stuttering Awareness is Every Day October 1, 2003 Link to the ISAD archive here Online version of ISAD 2003 brochure PDF version of ISAD 2003 brochure ISAD 2003 in Israel
- ISAD 2002 – Don’t let stuttering stop you October 1, 2002 Link to the ISAD archive here More about ISAD 2002
- ISAD 2001 – You are not alone October 1, 2001 Link to the ISAD archive here More about ISAD 2001
- ISAD 1999 – Many languages, one voice October 1, 1999 Link to the ISAD archive here ISAD Buttons